Andros delicacies: Tomato Soup
When the lunch time approaches and our stomachs start to complain , we desperately look for something delicious but easy to prepare!
Andros Island has a great recipe to offer to you: its great Tomato Soup!
And Onar’ s Restaurant prepared one for you!
If you wish to have a Tomato Soup for lunch or dinner today, simply follow this super easy recipe:
Ingredients (for 4 servings):
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt & ground pepper to taste
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 small carrots, diced
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- 1/4 cup cream or milk, optional
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Strain tomatoes, reserving the juices, and spread onto baking sheet.
- Season with salt and pepper, and drizzle with about 1 Tbsp olive oil.
- Roast until caramelized, about 15 minutes.
- In a saucepan, heat the rest of the oil on medium-low heat.
- Add celery, carrots, onion, and garlic. Cook until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add the roasted tomatoes, reserved juices, chicken broth, and bay leaves.
- Simmer until vegetables are tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add basil and cream if using. Puree with an immersion blender.
This recipe was adapted from here.
Bon appetit ~ Καλή Όρεξη!