MONASTERY SANTA MARINA
The monastery of Saint Marina is located in village Apikia. According to the historic files of monastery Koutroumousiou, it was built during the byzantine period, in the times of Paleologos (around 1325).
In 1834, the monastery closed after king’s fiat. The monastery’s property was sold by the state. In the period that the monastery stayed closed, it was burn and plundered. In 1976, one and a half-century after the monastery’s desolation, it was reestablished and reconstructed. From the heirlooms left are the icon of Saint Marina dated from the 17th century and that of Panagia Dakrirooussa.